Study Uni (“StudyUni.com” or “StudyUni” or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site studyuni.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Your education history and job experience history you provide as part of your university admission process.
- If you contact us, whether, by email, telephone or post, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We have grouped together different kinds of personal data which we may collect, use, store and transfer as follows:
- Academic Data: includes eligibility data including education and academic history, training records, qualifications, personal statements, CVs, personal achievements and references.
- Identity Data: includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, NI number, Unique Learner Number, nationality, residency status, disability declaration, criminal conviction declaration, photographic images and any other ID you may need to provide to us in order for us to assess your suitability for a course.
- Contact Data: includes billing address, term-time and permanent residential address, country of residence, email address and telephone numbers
- Emergency Contact Data: about next of kin names and contact details for use when there is an emergency that has involved you.
- Employment Data: (if you are sponsored by your employer) includes employer details, start date, end dates, NI number, your job title, contact details at work (email address, telephone number and postal address).
- Financial Data: includes student loan information, bank account and payment card details.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Profile Data: includes any of your usernames and passwords, enquiries made by you, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Visa Data: for international students, including passport and previous visas data, bank statements or other financial information for satisfying ourselves that visa requirements are met
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and for aggregate marketing reporting purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
Google Conversion Tracking
This cookie helps us to determine how many people who click on our ads end up enquiring.
Other Analytics Tracking
We use various cookies/tracking platform to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns.
This cookie helps us to improve our online advertising campaigns showing the ads with our latest special offers to those people who have visited our website.
Where we store your personal data
When using our site to carry out transactions which involve the use of a credit or a debit card (and only then), all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so. To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
- Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website using visitor tracking system, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction by clicking submit/next. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your registration/transaction.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us by writing to [email protected]
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and any of its subsidiaries, and other associated companies, agents and affiliated institutions.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Study Uni or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You can create an account in order to customize your experience. As a registered user you can for instance save your favourite programmes or search queries. We save information about your interest in order to present relevant content. This includes your former search queries and clicks behaviour. We send occasional personal notifications and service messages about the status of your account; this can include a request to update your account details.
You can reach out to us through our Website, by means of an electronic form. The details in your enquiry will then be shared with the institute you are trying to get admission into.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, when available. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Unit 123, East London Works 75 Whitechapel Road
E1 1DU London
Email: [email protected]